Information from users
What information do we collect from users and why?
- We collect your name, company name and email address
- We need this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, and invoice you.
- We collect data about the Punch-hosted webpages that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- We need this information to give you access to and improve our Services.
- We will also use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect Personal Information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
Information from Punch website visitors and support users
What information do we collect and why?
- From Punch website visitors, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address. We also collect Personal Information submitted by you via any messaging feature available from any of our websites (“Messaging Feature”).
We use this information to provide and enhance our Services (including servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you visit Punch-hosted webpages, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
Information from cookies and similar tracking technology
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- We may also use web beacons, tracking technology and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
When and why do we share Personal Information with third parties?
- Punch works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
- Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal Information may be shared with third party vendors to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
- Punch will always ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 5.
What do we do with your Personal Information when you terminate your relationship with us?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
What we don’t do with your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
How do we protect your information across borders?
While Punch is based in Australia, we provide services to customers and our technology processes data from users around the world. Accordingly, Punch may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state, or province in which you are located.
Control and access to your Personal Information
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, Punch takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. You can update many types of Personal Information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your Personal Information within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how Punch processes your personal data, please contact Punch by email at email@example.com.